Thursday, January 03, 2008

Befuddling

I just sneezed about six or seven times in quick succession. I was writing a comment about Moustaches on Potato Montgomery's blog, and listening to Javert's Suicide -- Both things that I have done before without any serious or strange side effects. I do not know what is happening. maybe I am being affected by some alien technology.

I have been doing some research on Hermit Crabs, with the aim of preparing to get one in the future. I know a lot more about Hermit Crabs now. I know the proper temperature and humidity they should be kept at, I know how much sand they need in the bottom of their cage. I know that they need a rather sizable cage, in order to accommodate two water bowls (salt water and fresh water) a food bowl, a toy of some sort, and something they can hide under. I know that Hermit Crabs prefer a friend, and that they cannot reproduce in captivity, and so I need not be worried about starting with two, and ending up with millions. I also know that to give a hermit crab all the stuff they need, it would cost a tidy sum of money. So, I'm thinking about it. I just don't want to kill one... I also don't want to get bit.

2 comments:

Potato Montgomery said...

Hermit crabs are cool. At least, they look cool. I've never actually been in close contact with one. . .

What would you name a hermit crab?

Elsa Ruth said...

I was thinking Romeo. But that's just the first thing I thought of. If anything else comes up that sounds better, I'll willingly take it.