Sunday, January 13, 2008

Google

or Yahoo?

I believe that most of you are aware that I have been known to Elgoog Oohay on random occasions. Google-ing Yahoo is just as fun, I assure you.

Anyway, what I was going to say is that it is really fun to Google things relating back to these blogs, because Blogspot is related to Google in some weird way, and so you get wonderful things. I googled Space Is Very Cold and this blog came up at the bottom. I googled Donwell Abbey, and Dotti's Blog came up around Fifth. The strange thing is that I googled Llama Person and potato Montgomery's Blog did not show up on the first page. I couldn't find it in the whole list, although I did not look very hard. I googled Potato Montgomery and the first thing was my blog. This all has to do with the Google/Blogspot thing.

I yahoo'd Space is very Cold, and my blog came up first. then I Yahoo'd Donwell Abbey, and Dotti's blog was not there. The same thing happened for Llama Person, but Potato Montgomery yielded different results. I came with Potato's Nano account -- the one that was taken over by someone from Finland. creepy.

I just thought these things were interesting. hmmmm.....

3 comments:

Potato Montgomery said...

The Finland guy scares me. . .

Your blog came up first when I Yahoo'd Comtess Thal. . . Actually, there were four results, and three of them were from your blog; the fourth was from Triss'.

Elsa Ruth said...

Wow. I forgot to do that one...

At first I thought that I was getting those Google results merely because Google and Blogspot are affiliated, but when they were also happening on Yahoo, I was surprised.

VeryFamousDroid said...

The reason that Potato's blog didn't show up under "Llama Person" is that, while it 's in the url, that's not the blog's name.