Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Feet

Or rather, a foot. to be more specific, tis MY foot. And, you know what? it really tingles... Do you think my sitting on it could have anything to do with this mysterious occurrence?

So, I was thinking... it would be nice if I could just freeze time right now, and stay almost sixteen for a while. I don't feel prepared for all things that are going to happen after my birthday, and just the fact that next year I'll be a senior is a bit unsettling. The Senior bit is fine, it's just the continuation of that thought... once I'm a senior, it's not going to be that long before I'm in college, and once I'm in college... I don't want to go there.

So, I'm, looking for a small-ish school that close-ish to home, with predominantly Christian Students and Faculty, and all that. And it's tough.

Well, my memorizing Shakespeare is coming along swimmingly -- where'd that saying originate, anyway? Swimmingly. That doesn't really mean anything necessarily good in my mind. Well, let's see what Wikipedia has to say about it...

Okay... Wikipedia was most unhelpful... let's try Google...

Okay... bartelby.com lists this as the definition of swimmingly:

Swimmingly

Adverb: With Great Ease and Success: Things are Going Swimmingly


And however interesting that may be, it's not what I was looking for. I want to know WHY it means that.

Hey! I found something a lot more interesting! I found a place that can look it up in classical literature for you! the top three references were from Little Women, Jane Eyre, and something by James Fenimore Cooper.

Well... I can't find anything else interesting there... Webster wouldn't have anything diffierent... mostly webster.com doesn't help me... maybe dictionary.com could help...

Nope. nothing good there. Ah well. I guess I shall never know.

No comments: